Friday, February 17, 2012

Letter to Pastors - February 16, 2012


February 16, 2012
 
Dear Pastors:
 
Earlier today I was privileged to speak to Oklahoma Baptist College Chapel, in which I preached on the subject, "ADVICE FROM AN OLD MAN."  I spoke from 2Ti 4:6:  "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.  7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:"
 
To "Finish the Course," I espoused for them:

I. As soon as you get up every day, put your hand up into the Hand of God, and let him guide you through the day. I gave them the quote from England’s King George VI at Christmastime in 1939 when it looked as if the Nazis would succeed in swamping the free world.

II. Be accountable to someone in your daily Bible reading. I told how my wife and I read the Scriptures together, and how today we read I Corinthians chapters 12, 13, & 14.

III. Find and do the Will of God with your life.  Like Winston Churchill stated at the time of the 2nd World War, all I had to offer God when HE called me in January 1967 was blood, toil, tears and sweat.

IV. Die to Self.  1Co 15:31:  "I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. If I don’t keep my "ole self" dead every day, all day long, then I can expect to have trouble in that day."

V. Just Be Faithful.  1Co 4:2:  "Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful."
 
The time of my departure may be close at hand. I have so many things "physically" going against me. I don’t know! But I do know HE who is already "in tomorrow" and I have my hand in his hand.
 
Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11 Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.
12 Thou shalt seek them, and shalt not find them, even them that contended with thee: they that war against thee shall be as nothing, and as a thing of nought.
13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
 
In these last days of "finishing my course" the LORD has given me the privilege of getting squarely into the corner of the JEWS in their struggles against the "wild-donkey-replacement-doctrine-reject-Ishmaelites" our politically correct press calls "Palestinians."  Like Newt Gingrich has said, they are an "invented people." They have no culture. They have no language.
 
During the years 2000 to 2007, the so-called "Palestinians" wrought great acts of terror upon the Jews in Israel, killing 1,218 Jews and maiming 8,431 Jews. On February 22, 2004, Dr. Max Price, Dr. Cliff Hearron and I were in the King David Hotel when Jerusalem Bus 14A was blown up. We were at the scene of the Bus Bombing at about 9:30 AM. I shall never forget the devastation of the scene. Here is the story:

Eight people were killed and more than 60 wounded, 11 of them school pupils, by a suicide bomber who detonated himself on a No. 14A Jerusalem bus shortly after 8:30 on Sunday morning near the capital's Liberty Bell Park.
The Fatah Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades claimed responsibility for the attack, which was carried out by Muhammad Za'ul, from the Bethlehem area.
Police believe the bomber got on to the bus in the Talpiot industrial area. Two security guards who boarded the bus failed to identify the terrorist seated with the explosive device concealed in his lap. The bomber apparently decided to chance being discovered in order to wait for the bus to fill with passengers, so as to increase the number of casualties.
When we arrived at the scene of carnage, the first responders had gotten all the wounded and all the dead off that Green Bus. They were taking off body parts and in general cleaning up the wreckage therein. The smell of death hung heavily in the air. The stench of burned flesh was very stinging to my nostrils. As those first responders went through the wreckage, you would hear a cell phone start to ring. They would dig through the wreckage hastily. Being old I don’t remember what they did when they would get to the cell phone. I just don’t remember. But I do know that those cell phones ringing were relatives calling to check on someone who normally rode Bus 14A.
 
I shall never forget the letter which was in the paper, Yediot Ahronot, on Monday, February 23, 2004.

"YOU ARE JUDGING AND I AM BURYING MY HUSBAND"
(Article by Fanny Haim, Yediot Ahronot, Feb 23, 2004, p. A1)
"Today, in The Hague, you will sit in judgment. Today, I will bury my husband, my heart - which has been cut in two.
I will no longer receive this right. But today, you can see to it that other Israeli families will merit this basic thing - to raise a happy family, to get up in the morning without bereavement, without gravestones, and without cemeteries. Today, as you begin your deliberations with open eyes, think, just for a moment, about the ordinary people behind this bloody conflict. Think for a moment about the golden heart of my husband Yehuda, and about our young son, Avner. Maybe you can explain to him - he's only 10-years-old - why in God's Name he doesn't have a father any more.
True, the politics are far from me, but now as the pain is far too close to me, I think that I have acquired, with integrity and with tears, the right to appeal to you and say: If there had been a fence all along the length of the state, then maybe I, just like you, could kiss my husband this evening. Do not judge my country; do not restrain it from preventing additional people from becoming victims. Today, I am burying my husband; don't you bury justice.
 


That fence, by the way, Preacher Friends, has lowered the "wild-donkey-replacement-doctrine-Ishmaelite" terror rate down to much lower success levels for the Ishmaelites. I say, in 2012, THANK GOD FOR THE FENCE!
 
Pastor, this Iranian Nuclear Thing is going to worsen greatly in the next few months. We need to be letting all our Nationally Elected Representatives — US Senators and Congresspersons — know exactly where we stand as Bible Believers behind the nation of Israel doing whatever they have to do to preserve the "existential security" of the Jews in Israel.
 
May the Lord God of the Hebrews bless you richly as you consider the words of your humble servant this Thursday Evening, 8 years minus 6 days, before the anniversary of the Bus Bombing described for you above in Jerusalem February 22, 2004.
 
 
JIM VINEYARD
YEDIDIM OF ISRAEL

No comments:

Post a Comment